 Michelle Brockman  > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:49:17 -0500> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Testing New
Kittens - Need Help> > > Michelle, I am relatively new to the group, but I do
agree with Beth that it is important to test all the kittens. We used to do
what your vet said y ears ago, then discovered on more than one occasion since,
that if a mom is negative it does not mean the kittens ARE negative. We had a
case where mom was negative all the time and 2 of her five kittens were
positive FeLV and the rest were always negative. If there is no hurry, I'd do
what you can this month and test another or two the next month to help with
expenses. Do you have a rescue group nearby that uses the IDEXX tests and does
their own testing? WE can do it for way less than the vets can even order the
tests and they might help you too. > good luck with them. Carmen and furballs
at C & W Rustic Hollow Shelter. > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 20:15:37 +0000> Subject:
[Felvtalk] Testing New Kittens - Need Help> > > I have four 7 week old kittens
and their mother that came from the pound that I need to test for FELV/FIV and
my vet said that I would only need to test the mother and one kitten and not
test all kittens.> > Do you think that will be reliable? It's $30 per snap
test, so I think they're wanting to save me money, which I appreciate, just not
sure if some of the kittens could contract a disease and others wouldn't. > >
Any input would be GREATLY appreciated. Michelle Brockman >