i have 9 of our furry kids that currently reside at our home  aged 13-3 and
all are in great health.

michael

In a message dated 9/30/2008 6:55:20 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Agree  100% with Carmen.

-----Original Message-----
From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of Carmen Conklin
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 6:49  PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Testing New  Kittens - Need Help

Michelle, I am relatively new to the group, but  I do agree with Beth that it
is important to test all the kittens. We used  to do what your vet said y
ears ago, then discovered on more than one  occasion since, that if a mom is
negative it does not mean the kittens ARE  negative. We had a case where mom
was negative all the time and 2 of her  five kittens were positive FeLV and
the rest were always negative. If there  is no hurry, I'd do what you can
this month and test another or two the  next  month to  help with expenses.
Do you have a rescue group  nearby that uses the IDEXX tests and does their
own testing? WE can do it  for way less than the vets can even order the
tests and they might help you  too.
good luck with them. Carmen and furballs at C & W Rustic Hollow  Shelter. >
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:  felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Date: Tue, 30
Sep 2008 20:15:37 +0000>  Subject: [Felvtalk] Testing New Kittens - Need
Help> > > I have  four 7 week old kittens and their mother that came from the
pound that I  need to test for FELV/FIV and my vet said that I would only
need to test  the mother and one kitten and not test all kittens.> > Do you
think  that will be reliable? It's $30 per snap test, so I think they're
wanting  to save me money, which I appreciate, just not sure if some of the
kittens  could contract a disease and others wouldn't. > > Any input would  be
GREATLY appreciated. Michelle Brockman  >