Lorrie,  you say he won't eat unless you sit with him and give him small bits
of food.  could it be that he likes the attention and doing tihs gets him even
more?  he doesn't feel good and wants mommy to give him comfort and attention.
animals are like children, they know what buttons to push.  i can see that in
my own babies.  Homey #1 wants out or canned food.  i don't give it to her
right away and she will rub things, knocking them down, walk in front of me so
slow.  all that stops when she gets what she wants.  Homey @2 has a sinus
infection and is sneezing a lot.  she doesn't want her nose wiped, but keeps
coming back for more and every time i sit, she is on mylap.  she knows i will
wipe her nose, but is willing to put up with that to get what she wants.  dorlis