I'm hoping Lorrie did not mean she would never assist feed another cat.  There
are so many reasons a cat stops eating that can be treated if a person is
willing to assist feed for a period of time.  Constipation and dehydration are
two that come to mind that anyone of us with a FeLV+ kitty might face.  Assist
feeding while the medical problem is being addressed will save the cat's life.

There are many ways to assist feed.  Please note I use the term assist feeding
instead of force feeding.  A lot of the process is the state of your mind while
helping your cat.  I assist my cats to consume the daily calories they need.
My Pequita only eats if I spoon feed her on my bed.  Works for her, works for
me.

Bright Eyes is bouncing back and forth between diarrhea and constipation while
I try and figure out the problem and the right dose of lactulose.   He gets
syringe fed 20 cc of Gerbers 2 Chicken and Gravy every few hours to supplement
what little he does eat on his own.  He is the only one of the 4 FeLV+ babies I
rescued last fall that isn't doing well.   I've accepted that I might lose him
but by golly he isn't going to starve to death.  I can't fix FeLV but I can
prevent starvation.

Once again here is the link to the Yahoo Assist Feeding group.
It is a good one to bookmark.
Sharyl