Oh my.........don't look at a few more months my friend. Dixie lived three wonderful years. She was full grown and with a totally unknown and not good history. She had been a cared for cat at least to the point that she had been spayed, liked to be petted etc. Some how she found herself homeless and wound up with the ferals my Mom puts food out for. She was such a darling I decided to make her a farm cat and took her to my wonderful vets to be spayed (I didn't know she had been). She tested positive, won my heart and has kept it firmly in her paws even though she left this world June 12, 2008. She had holistic and regular vet care, the best food I could give her including Primal Raw which many advise against but on which she thrived, lots of chopped veggies high in vitamin C and iron, colostrum, and other supplements. She was in wonderful health until just before she left this world. The suddenness of the end was ........well, it was totally unexpected. For a long time I thought she had beaten it. The fine people on this list helped so much.

Please do not put limits on the time he will be with you. If you do, you will live, if you can call it that, in dread, pain and grief. He would not have that for you any more than Dixie would have wanted it for me. We all leave this world. We all leave from something. None of us are guaranteed a second. Do not exit like that. You will deprive yourself of the wonderful love he gives you and the lessons he has to teach and you will deprive him of your unconditional love because, every time you look at him it will be with a dread you will both know. The stress will make you both miserable and will harm your other cats' hearts too. Do everything you can for all your cats and be very gentle with yourself. None of this is your fault. As much as you and I and all who love try to protect those we are devoted to, we can not protect them from everything. We just can't. By the way, Dixie totally enjoyed her life but there are many on this list and many I know of who have lived much, much longer. Throw away the calendar. It has no place in the heart.