From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of James Rauscher
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2009 7:28 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Interferon and Vetri-DMG - do these things help?

One of the vets who saw my FeLV+ catOnyx said I could give her interferon,
that it may or may not help her, but certainly would not hurt her. Two other
vets told me there was nothing to do for her except to wait until she gets
sick then put her to sleep. One of them recommended "re-homing" my negative
cats until the positive one dies because they will "inevitably" become
positive as well, even though they are vaccinated.

Another owner of mixed positives and negatives is taking the same route as
me in not separating the positives and negatives (vaccinating the negatives)
but also gives her positive kitty something called Vetri-DMG which is
supposedly produced by the body naturally and is an immune system booster.

Does anyone here have experience with these products? The vet who told me to
re-home my negatives said immunoglobulins are very expensive and only help
to keep a suffering cat alive. I am very confused - I get a different
opinion from every vet I talk to!

Avia