From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Grahame Lippert
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 5:19 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Ebony and FELV

Hi my name is Grahame and my 2 year old cat Ebony has diagnosed with FELV
about a month ago. She was also anemic.  That vet pretty much said there was
nothing that could be done. We then went to a second vet and had some more
tests done. She tested negative for hemobartonella and she had non
regenetive anemia. I asked the vet about Imuunoregulin and epogen. She
decided we should start Ebony on the immunoregulin and she has been on this
for 2 weeks for a total of 6 shots.  I have also been giving her pettiinic
during this time. Ebony actually had improved on her condition 2 weeks ago,
before we started the immunoregulin. Now its 2 weeks later and I can tell
she is more anemic by the way she is acting and the color of her tongue. I
am going to the vet tonite to get her blood counts. What should I try for my
Ebony? I'm willing to try anything albeit reasonably priced. Prednisone?
Epogen? Could it still be Hemobartonella?

Thank you in advance for the help

Grahame
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile