Aren't there also Iron shots?   My bf found a kitten in end stage renal
failure (had to dilute blood to even get a BUN over 300, they couldn't
measure it on the E-vet equipment) and she also battled anemia, and I recall
received some iron shots.

This would be a minimal suggestion compared to the prednisolone/doxy/epogen
which I have read about a lot here and sounds like has helped many.