You'll find opinions all over the place on the net. Some vets are very cautious but then they've probably never had FELV cats - just read the textbooks and seen the sick cats in their practices.

However, quite a few people on this list do mix, with no problems. I've done that in the past, still do some. I think healthy adult cats have enough immunity to deal with the virus, whether vaccinated or not. But vaccination probably helps boost that immunity.

I also like to use daily low dose oral interferon for FELV+ kitties, at least up until they're about 3 years old. The ones I've had that were born with FELV tend to die at about 3 years old. I think the interferon helps keep the viral load down, and a healthier kitty.

I have a friend who does interferon with her FELV cat - she has 1 positive, and 1 negative, mixed of course. She got them when they were kittens. Both cats are well over 3 - maybe 6 or 7 yrs old now - and no problems whatsoever. The vet wanted her to have them retested, she did and nothing had changed (1 pos, 1 neg).

Gloria