From: Lorrie [mailto:felineres...@kvinet.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:53 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Difficult decision

Yes, watching them struggle or gasp for breath is just unbearable.
I've used Klonopin to ease the fear or struggle when a cat is dying.
It really helps and it is used for cats because I checked with my
vet.  It's like Valium.  Have any of you used this for dying cats?
I have a prescription for myself, so I always have it on hand. Ace
promazine would have to be gotten from a vet wouldn't it??

We all hope our furry ones will died peacefully at home, preferably
in their sleep, but as you said, it seldom happens that way. Same for
people..... We all hope to die peacefully at home.