Julie,

I, too, freaked out when I found out my new kitty was positive.  She lives in a
my household with 4 other cats and as far as I know, none of the others have
been infected.  I do get each one of them (except for the + one) FeLV boosted
every year.  She's now 4 years old and is a fun, playful cat with no signs of
sickness.  You need to just try to relax because you may not have that much
need for concern.  If you get the girl vaccinated and then boosted every year,
they may be able to live together for the rest of their lives.  His second test
could be negative.  She may be negative because there wasn't that much physical
contact between the two?  Mine, that is FeLV positive, played intensely with
one of my young boy kitties and he tested positive; however, I kept them
separated and 6 weeks later, he tested negative and, as far as I know, he is
still negative.  This was 4 years ago and my healthy ones show no signs of
disease.  Good luck and try not to get too upset.  Just relax and enjoy them.

Kathi