Thank you so much, Kathi- I'm needing as much support as I can get.  I love
these two more than anything and can't stand thinking about them in pain.
Yes, they have been playing and grooming each other for 7 weeks; I'm hoping
that the test was faulty, because if not, it sounds like Maggie will soon be
infected, as well.  I can't stand waiting, yet that's all I seem to be able
to do right now.  I have them separated currently, as well, which both they
and me are hating.  Thanks again for your support.

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Kathi Clark <>wrote:

> Julie,
> I, too, freaked out when I found out my new kitty was positive.  She lives
> in a my household with 4 other cats and as far as I know, none of the others
> have been infected.  I do get each one of them (except for the + one) FeLV
> boosted every year.  She's now 4 years old and is a fun, playful cat with no
> signs of sickness.  You need to just try to relax because you may not have
> that much need for concern.  If you get the girl vaccinated and then boosted
> every year, they may be able to live together for the rest of their lives.
>  His second test could be negative.  She may be negative because there
> wasn't that much physical contact between the two?  Mine, that is FeLV
> positive, played intensely with one of my young boy kitties and he tested
> positive; however, I kept them separated and 6 weeks later, he tested
> negative and, as far as I know, he is still negative.  This was 4 years ago
> and my healthy ones show no signs of disease.  Good luck and try not to get
> too upset.  Just relax and enjoy them.
> Kathi
> > Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 19:26:55 -0700
> > From:
> > To:
> > Subject: [Felvtalk] needing support
> >
> > Hi there-
> >
> > I don't know if this is the right place, but I am hoping for some
> feedback.
> > I recently adopted two kittens, a brother and sister. At 7 weeks, I had
> > them tested for FeLV. The boy kitty is positive but the girl kitty is
> > negative. Is that even possible? They have been living together for 7
> > weeks; wouldn't she be positive if he was at this point? I am taking them
> > both in tomorrow so he can be re-tested with the IFA and she can be
> > vaccinated. I am absolutely devastated. I am in love with both of these
> > kitties and am looking for some hope. My boy kitty is active and playful,
> > though he has had a little diarrhea today and is eating a little less.
> I'm
> > totally freaked out. I am keeping the two apart, which is also killing
> me,
> > because they are such a comfort for each other. Does anyone know what my
> > odds are for his second test being negative? Is is weird that she's
> > negative? If he is positive, do I have to keep them apart forever? If we
> > have a baby and he is positive, do we have to get rid of him? I can't
> even
> > bare thinking of all of this, as he snuggles on my tummy purring while I
> > type. Any advice, support, guidance is sincerely appreciated.
> >
> > --
> > -Julie
> > _______________________________________________
> > Felvtalk mailing list
> >
> >
> _________________________________________________________________
> The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox.
> _______________________________________________
> Felvtalk mailing list

Felvtalk mailing list

Reply via email to