I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, THANK GOD FOR MY VET.  HE SAYS IF YOU KEEP THE NEGATIVES
HEALTHY AND UP TO DATE ON SHOTS IT IS OKAY AND HE IS WILLING TO READ/LISTEN TO
ANYTHING I BRING HIM.

---- trmckel...@charter.net wrote:
> I couldn't agree more with you, Sharyl.   Lots of vets think PTS first with
> FeLV and FIV.   I often think they just don't know any better.  The first
> option my vet offered with my first FeLV+, a beautiful blue-eyed Ragdoll, was
> PTS, and my vet is very progressive.  I also said no way, Selena had already
> wrapped me around her little paw :-), we'll find other options.  I found out
> about LTCI via websearch, got my vets on board, and now my vets are believers
> after using it to save an FIV positive male they were pretty sure wasn't
> going to make it.  They wouldn't have known to try it if I hadn't pushed it
> in the first place.

Terry
---- Sharyl <cline...@yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
A lot depends on the age of the negative cats.  Kittens seem more susceptible.
I am one of those that has mixed positives and negatives for almost 3 yrs.  But
my negatives were current on their FeLV vaccine before I started mixing and
they get annual booster shots.

It really is an individual decision.  My 1st vet wanted to PTS Sissy and Rocket
just because they were FeLV+. Then she wanted to notify AC to kill all the cats
in the colony I rescued them from.  Told her no way were we going to kill Sissy
and Rocket and no way was I telling anyone where the colony was.  PETA is
another group intent on killing all FeLV kitties.

Some never mix and some mix very successfully.  I my case I was bringing
positive kittens into a home with vaccinated adult negatives.  7 of my 8
positive kittens have now crossed the Rainbow Bridge and there has been to
issues with my negative cats.
Sharyl

--- On Mon, 6/14/10, brooklynnat...@charter.net <brooklynnat...@charter.net>