Mega-vibes for Murphy and hugs to you, Alice and Glenn.

Diane R.

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Alice Flowers
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 1:24 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Now it's Murphy-I can't take much more

Murphy has been sneezing-We took Murphy and Rosie in yesterday for check ups
and blood work. They did an in house PCV on him because his gums were pale.
He is anemic at 18.5%. This is the beginning of the end. I had hoped that
after losing Rosie's 4 brothers last year that we would get a reprieve. I
had hoped that the vet's rough rule of 1/3 would apply to us since we began
with 6. We had Rosie and her 5 brothers-and Murphy, the friendly kitten that
was tossed into the feral colony that we caught Rosie and the boys from
after trapping and neutering their mother-1/3 of kitties would succumb
quickly, 1/3 would die young and 1/3 generally live fairly uneventful lives
for quite a while. Murphy is becoming lethargic at times, sometimes
stretching out and sleeping on the floor-not his usual pose-he is my eagle,
if he isn't on the computer desk next to me-curled up in an envelope box
(any box will do-he has even tried to squeeze into a box barely big enough
for his head-LOL)-he is asleep in the spare room-on top of the bookcase! He
has a talent of springing from the floor and landing in a box on top of a 4'
cabinet without touching the edges-he is like a little antelope with his
springy legs. Murphy is the king of cats-I have never been owned by such an
awesome kitty. He is beautiful with his fluffy, tuxedo coat, huge eyes and
even huger paws-he has 7 toes on his front feet and 6 on the backs. He can
snag a cat toy tossed at him like in mid-air like a baseball player and can
even pick up things using the extra toes like fingers. I cannot believe this
is happening again. We have begun Procrit, iron supplement and Doxy for the
sneezing/cold thing he has going on-his lungs are clear, but a little
wheezing in his throat area. Wish us luck-I am so sad right now and keep
tearing up. I can't take much more of this disease, so much loss for all of
us.  Alice and Glenn (humans), Rosie and Murphy-furkids