Alice I understand how stressful this is for all of you.  Here is a link to a
site that helps explain test results
Broadway Vet BW Explanations
http://tinyurl.com/2ex549
Just click on the item and open the pdf file.  For example it says moderately
elevated HCT could possibly be a sign of dehydration.

After fighting anemia with a CRF kitty and several FeLV kitties I understand
your frustration.  I didn't get alarmed until the HCT fell below 20%.  I did
use supplements like NutriVed, Super B Complex. B12 and folic acid to help them
build new red blood cells.

I rescued a litter of 4 positive 4 week old kittens and lost all 4 of them.
Mattie who was blind made it the longest to about 16 months.  I had adopted 2
positive kittens from a nearby rescue group and lost them after just a few
months to FIP.  I had earlier rescued 2 positive kittens, about 4 month old.  I
only have Rocket left.  She is just over 3 now and is starting to show signs of
the disease.

The heartbreak doesn't get any easier.  The thought that keeps me going is they
had a good life for as long as they were on this earth.  They were loved and
cared for.  So many wonderful kitties don't even have that and they aren't FeLV
kitties.  We do what we can with the resources we have.  And we treasure each
day we have these wonderful companions.

Hugs top Murphy and all of you
Sharyl