Natalie,  I am with you about the declawing.  Someone I know adopted two
kittens from me and one died on the table during a declaw surgery.  Yes, I HAD
told her before hand "NO declawing" but people don't listen and they always
know best, yadda yadda :(  Then they wonder why Buster is peeing on the bed and
the floor because his paws hurt so badly from the surgery.  SIGH :(