These guys are wonderful but not the kind you can put medicine on. For numerous very good reasons, they consider me a good source of food, the area a good source of shelter and that is it. I can touch them sometimes and have tnr them (the price of the above) but good contact isn't an option. And when things go in the food, all of them n=may get it. This isn't bad since they are a very close crew, napping, eating and hanging out together. I suspect that they get the same problems so mass treatment isn't a bad thing. Any information is truly appreciated. Three of the five cats showed up at older ages. We just go through treating one at the vets' for a tick borne disease (tick found on 12/27 when no tick should be around in southern KY)-- read $1000+ vet bill but Red is healthy and happy right now. Like I said, we do what we can do.

On Mar 30, 2011, at 3:40 PM, Christiane Biagi wrote:

Ringworm can be tricky... Had a kitten who I brought up from a shelter who had it. Not the worst thing in the world but untreated, it will spread & harm cat. Vet gave me a liquid to apply & in a few weeks, it cleared up. There's also a pill medicine that can be used but it does have a bit more risk. Have a friend who has been using the generic people ringworm paste for years & says it works fine--a lot cheaper than prescription. Are these cats that you could apply a lotion on? If so, I can ask what human stuff
she uses & how much..  If not, I can dig around for info on the pills.

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of MaiMaiPG
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:11 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Cat Foof

Pine horse bedding works well for a litter.  My guys came from a pine
thicket so it works really well with them. 40 pounds for $8 (?). Of course I change it a lot more often than the clay but I can throw it in a field or use it as mulch or whatever (turns to sawdust). Sounds like you have the
litter issue down though.  Raw (for people who like
it) meat and lightly cooked with lots of juices really extends food and it is truly good for cats. A neighbor just gave me two large roasts that had
some freezer burn....my friends don't mind.  As far as fish including
mackeral and salmon....I break teh pieces into something akin to mush and mix some extra water in...then let it sit for a few minutes or more. The
ferals get more water and eat the fish.

Glad for the information on Purina Hairball. It is hard to know what ferals
need.  Does anyone have experience with ringworm and ferals?

I don't know if any of these guys are FeLV+ or not. I have refused to have
them tested.  They have been together for so long that it just doesn't
matter (re passing the virus on) and I do the very best I can for them
health wise.