Consider talking with Alley Cat Advocates or another TNR organization for help with spaying/neutering. Some vets will give multiple cat discounts. I supplement the cat food with very on sale whole chicken, ground beef etc. The people quality meat is cheaper per pound than cat food. Same with cheap tuna (my guys, including the inside cats, don't like the solid white). I've found buying good catfood at a farm store is sometimes cheaper than at the grocery or K-Mart/Wal-Mart type stores. Additionally, if you establish a relationship with the people at a feed store, you may be able to get samples or broken bags.

Just ideas.  Managing these guys can be difficult....but it is worth it.