Test is in from IDEXX. Poppy is IFA negative! BUT they did another Elisa (the first was done in-house) & she is still Elisa positive.

So tell me now what this means. I have to go off to Madison right now but when I get back I will re-read all the links with this confirmed info in hand. My woman who is willing to take Poppy into her FeLeuk positive sanctuary, says she will test positive on the next IFA in a month & all this IFA means is that she does not have melanoma or something else. My vet is kinda skeptical too. But you all are the ones who are hands on every day (well, so is my woman with the sanctuary) but I need your input.

My intention now is to get her to the vet for worming. That wasn't done for some reason. Will probably try to do that when I transition her out of the condo. Into a crate. Then she will have my spare room, with one hiding place. I have a twin bed in there but am going to take the frame out & put the mattresses on the floor cause I don't want her hiding under the bed in the dark all the time. Same with stuff up against the wall. There is a low to the floor desk & I guess I will let her have that but will barricade everything else & leave several open crates with towels around also.

Meanwhile her appetite is very good.

I KNOW she wants to be with other cats, but I just can't put one of my negative kitties in there. Marie, at the sanctuary, would loan me a nice cat but it would be positive & that would eliminate any little chance Poppy might have.

Your thoughts, please please.

Pam