She is not positive on the IFA, she is negative. An initial positive on the Elisa & the another positive on the Elisa, but at the same time, a negative on the IFA.

On 4/18/2011 1:09 PM, TANYA NOE wrote:
    Positive on IFA means it has reached the bone barrow and there is no
clearing the virus. If she is positive on the snap test again (and it has been
at least 6 weeks since she last tested positive) then she is FeLV positive, but
you need to wait the full 6 weeks to give her body time to clear the vius.
There is still a slight chance she could clear the virus from her body even if
it has been 6 weeks but most likely she will not. I have spoken with the maker
of the snap test because we were always told that there we a lot of false
positives and at my clinic there were probably 2-3 of every 10 tests that were
positive, but IDEXX says that the tests are 99.999% accurate.
    Whether you mix or not is completely up to you. We mixed our girls 2 years
ago. Since cats over the age of 1-2 years of age begin to develop a natural
immunity and our negative cat is properly vaccinated the risk of the
non-positive contracting FeLV is small. There is still a risk but it is very
small.
    I hope this helps and thanks for taking care of this kitty!!
Tanya

--- On Mon, 4/18/11, Pam Norman<pam_nor...@charter.net>  wrote:

From: Pam Norman<pam_nor...@charter.net>
Subject: [Felvtalk] Update on Poppy/IFA test
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Monday, April 18, 2011, 10:38 AM
Test is in from
IDEXX.   Poppy is IFA
negative!   BUT they did another Elisa (the
first was done in-house)&  she is still Elisa positive.

So tell me now what this means.  I have to go off to
Madison right now but when I get back I will re-read all the
links with this confirmed info in hand.  My woman who
is willing to take Poppy into her FeLeuk positive sanctuary,
says she will  test positive on the next IFA in a month
&  all this IFA means is that she does not have melanoma
or something else.  My vet is kinda skeptical
too.  But you all are the ones who are hands on every
day (well, so is my woman with the sanctuary) but I need
your input.

My intention now is to get her to the vet for worming. That
wasn't done for some reason.  Will probably try to do
that when I transition her out of the condo. Into a crate.
Then she will have my spare room, with one hiding place. I
have a twin bed in there but am going to take the
frame  out&  put the mattresses on the floor cause
I don't want her hiding under the bed in the dark all the
time. Same with stuff up against the wall.  There is a
low to the floor desk&  I guess I will let her have that
but will barricade everything else&  leave several open
crates with towels around also.

Meanwhile her appetite is very good.

I KNOW she wants to be with other cats, but I just can't
put one of my negative kitties in there. Marie, at the
sanctuary, would loan me a nice cat but it would be positive
&  that would eliminate any little chance Poppy might
have.

Your thoughts, please please.

Pam