Chickens will eat ticks, but if a big farm it probably is not practical. I
am not making any real recommendations,just commenting. I am in the
horticulture field where chemicals are used for insect and disease control,
it is always best to rotate products so you do not develop resistance to the
chemical being used. An example would be using Frontline one  month and next
month use Advantage. You would not even have to be every month maybe use one
for two months etc. Just a note about splitting it up They products are the
same ingredients and are in the same concentration in both the dog and cat
versions. Dosing in is done according to weight in dogs and cats. I am not a
vet and I am not recommending anyone do this if they are not certain. Also
cats are more sensitive to chemicals and some pesticides for use on dogs
cannot be used on cats. Be safe not sorry. :-)

Now I am not going to say Sevin is safe for use on pets but in the "old
days" it is what the vet recommended for fleas and yes we used it on the
cats. Also I did not use gloves or anything like that because it was
considered very safe. You had to be careful not to get on flowering plants
as it was deadly for bees. Fleas became resistant to it. We used 5% dust not
the 10%.

For plants I do not do much spraying because people we spray too much. The
ticks have been bad the past two years. I really considered some chickens
myself, but I worry about predators killing them. As for Pet Armor Plus, it
sounds like the patent on Frontline has run out and that means we can get
generics. I plan to buy it next time I need it but I do have Frontline I
bought last year for the cats. I split it up with a syringe. I have 10 cats
and get the big dog size, I have also have done that with Advantage and
Revolution.

My Two cents.

Sally and her 10 kitties