Thanks Sally.  That is very helpful info.  I didn't know you could split up
Advantage.  Awesome, I'll give it a shot too.

If I didn't have a lot of cats I wouldn't do the splitting up thing.  I would
feel safer just buying the pre-measured doses, I always did it that way when I
had just two dogs, but now I've got so many cats, it's my foster cats and my
own cats that were actually fosters at one time that never got adopted, that
I'd go broke just on flea stuff if not for being able to split the stuff up.  A
lady at the vet's office did the breakdown for me so I felt better about it
since she'd been doing it for a while.

Are ticks mostly around trees and stuff?  I don't have trees but a few shrubs
and I haven't had tick problems (knock on wood).  Not at home anyway.  Where I
feed some ferals is in a wooded area and I always seem to bring a couple home
with me every few weeks.  Ticks that is.  Brought home several dumped tame cats
and kittens from there too!

Thanks again for your comments.

Maureen and her clowder of more than 10 cats.