From: "Pam Norman" <pam_nor...@charter.net>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 21:57:02 -0500
Subject: [Felvtalk] Vets for Felv cats

Do you all have your FeLeuk kitties seen by your regular vets? I talked
to a wonderful consulting vet I know re Miss Eleanor (formerly Sabrina)
& his first recommendation was Internal Medicine at U of WI, but then
said that this would probably not be necessary as long as she is
asymptomatic. That regular blood work, every 6 months, would be the
main requirement. Certainly hope that is the case as just a couple of
visits to UW would be well over $1000!

I would like to combine the services of a good regular vet, which I
think I have, altho he freely admits that is practice does not see a lot
of FeLeuk kitties - which is probably pretty much the case with all
non-specializing vets, I would think, with those of a holistic vet as
well. Do any of you do that?

Are any of you in Wisconsin?

Pam