I need to get some more info on LCTI.  Can you help?

On 6/10/2011 11:04 PM, Sara Kasteleyn wrote:
We have a wonderful holistic-friendly vet who makes house calls.  She works in
conjunction with our "brick and mortar" vet for blood work, tests, etc.  when
necessary.  Now that we have lost our two FeLV+ angels, she takes care of our new babies.
 The house call vet was the one that got us hooked up with LTCI.  I'm certain Taj and
Rani wouldn't have lasted as long as they did without the LTCI.  Both eventually
succumbed to lymphomas of different types.  Brother and sister.  We will always miss them.

I don't think it's necessary to have a specialized vet...just a vet who is
special and willing to listen.

Sara

------Original Mail------
From: "Pam Norman"<pam_nor...@charter.net>
To:<felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 21:57:02 -0500
Subject: [Felvtalk] Vets for Felv cats

Do you all have your FeLeuk kitties seen by your regular vets? I talked
to a wonderful consulting vet I know re Miss Eleanor (formerly Sabrina)
&  his first recommendation was Internal Medicine at U of WI, but then
said that this would probably not be necessary as long as she is
asymptomatic. That regular blood work, every 6 months, would be the
main requirement. Certainly hope that is the case as just a couple of
visits to UW would be well over $1000!

I would like to combine the services of a good regular vet, which I
think I have, altho he freely admits that is practice does not see a lot
of FeLeuk kitties - which is probably pretty much the case with all
non-specializing vets, I would think, with those of a holistic vet as
well. Do any of you do that?

Are any of you in Wisconsin?

Pam