Since Katrina, I have been accumulating carriers (have 7 cats).  If I have to
leave my home, they go with me.  I have an Astro van and all I have to do is
put the seats down and I have plenty of room for the carriers.  I will leve my
home and all else behind, but my cats go with me.  I can sleep in the van with
them.