Yes, around here cats and dogs provide good practice shots just before the
season.  Someone said they were going to come to my house for some practice
shots.  I told them I would shoot them the minute they tried t shoot my cats.
Of course they said they were just "kidding" and I said that had better be the
truth because if one of my cats nded up shot, I wold come looking for them and
after I shot them I would sue them for all I could get.