Just info on the caboodle ranch issue:

This place gets a lot of media attention and volunteers.

Personally, while he's not perfect, he was not alone in this work, so it
seems at least worth it to consider he got steamrolled.

I've been reading about it and it really seems like it may have been part
of an overall political move by PETA (who tends to kill animals, not save
them - check their stats.)

PETA apparently wants to stop the bill that will allow rescues to pull the
animals slated to die from the county shelter and is using this issue as a
platform. ASPCA was involved but I think PETA was pretty much running that
show. And if there is one org I do NOT trust it is PETA. (So now you know
where my bias is.)

Anyway, If you're interested in reading more:

http://blogs.catster.com/the-cats-meow-a-cat-and-kitten-blog/caboodle-ranch-the-other-side-of-the-story/2012/03/05/

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-03-02/story/embattled-caboodle-ranch-operator-says-confiscated-records-detail-his

If you want to support the guy, there is a Caboodle Ranch petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/free-craig-grant-and-open-caboodle-ranch-free-craig-grant-and-open-caboodle-ranch?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=autopublish#

I hope the cats will end up in a safe place and not euthed. Remember, more
than anything, it is the cats who now are in bigger danger now, then they
were at the ranch.
Also - consider how many times TNR's put domestic cats back on the street
if there were feeders? (I'm not one of them, but consider that, before
condemning the guy.)

This is a sad story. I hope we hear better news for all the animals
involved.