<<consider how many times TNR's put domestic cats back on the street if there
were feeders? (I'm not one of them, but consider that, before condemning the
guy.)>>

You mean the policy of returning cats to a feral colony if the colony has a
feeder?..how that fits into this situation? TNR is for ferals not housecats.
Though in some cases_such as mine I trap cats on the loose, ferals or not. If
feral they go to a feral colony, if not I try to find owner, education goes so
far, most people will want to keep the cat in/out but at least the cat is
neutered now and won't be making more. If possible I take in the cat, list as
found and if it is not claimed I put him up for adoption_taking in all tame
cats is just not possible but I do try to bring in the declaweds and kittens._
I don't just abandon the cat out there, I make sure it has shelter and a feeder.
I know very well this is considered cruel by a sector of the pop and that's ok,
we all have a right to our opinion.

But I don't understand how this fits with Caboodle, you mean because he had all
these cats roaming the property and they weren't taken care of? If so I would
say that since he said Caboodle was a sanctuary that implies the cats are to be
taken care of, if sick taken to a vet etc._Very different from a feral colony
where the intentions are the same but  nobody wants a colony of sick cats and
yet there are ferals that will die rather than walk in a trap; I know I had one
of these. We tried for half a year to trap him and in his last months it was
evident that he would have had to be euthanized. We just could not, and one day
we found him dead. It happens often and makes caretakers feel awful.

A sanctuary OTOH is expected to treat each and every cat. A sanctuary is not
just a place to leave a pet, walk away and forget all about it. That is why a
person is expected to fund the cat care. Granted some of the cats could have
been dumped at the place and no money to support them. But it wasn't the
majority, and if CG couldn't afford them did he ask rescues to take them? I
don't know that, I can't side with either story but just wanted to comment on
that remark abt TNR and how it fit with the CR situation, I think it doesn't.
Marta
http://homelessnomore.webs.com/