It might not hurt to wait a short time to be sure and most definitly I would
alert prospective adopters what to look for.  If they find a "thinking" vet
they should not have too much of a problem.  They just need to know euthansia
is NOT the only answer.  My positive girls and healthy, happy and my negatives
are also fine.  They just get the FELV vaccination each year since I mix my
pride of 7.