Many mothers (human mothers) are not vaccinating their children
due to reactions such as you had.  Both my daughters refuse to vaccinate
their kids and one of my grandsons got Whooping Cough two years ago.
The doctor didn't even recognize it because they see so little, if any,
of these old childhood diseases now.  As an older woman I immediately
recognized the disease and my grandson did recover just fine.

Lorrie