Tubal ligations are even dangerous in human females.  They can open up, get
infected, cause blockages, even lead to tubal pregnancies although I don't know
exactly how that would happen.  I worked in a medical office for 12 years and
tubals never seemed to work as advertised. Most women complained of pain long
afterwards, cramping, even bleeding. In addition, tubal ligation does nothing
to protect from breast cancer.  Cats are very prone to mammary cancer so
spaying would be the best prevention for that terrible menace to cat health.
One of my cats had been diagnosed as borderline diabetic. Since Cookie was
going to be an indoor-only cat, the vet recommended leaving her intact, not
spaying.  She was an older cat, went into heat about 3 times in my house and
then gave it up as a bad idea.  But she still had her hormone glands intact.
About 5 years after I took her in, I noticed that her belly fur was wet and
clumpy and that her nipples had turned
 dark brown.  Her appetite was also failing and she actually was allowing me to
touch her, she was so weak.  I took her to the vet.  He diagnosed multiple
tumors in her mammary glands.  Hormones are NOT the fountain of youth for a
cat. They do nothing for the immune system that good care, good food and good
supplements can't do.  In addition, tubal ligation would do nothing to relieve
the cat from the distress of going into heat when breeding season comes
around.  That's very stressful especially when the cat is not going to be
bred.  Same with vasectomy for a male cat.  You would have a howling, spraying
cat pacing around the house or running out to bite and fight although he could
not make a female pregnant.  Sometimes vasectomies reverse themselves so the
cat might end up being fertile after all.  It happens in humans quite often.
In cats, it still exposes them to the dangers of mating, including contracting
FIV and FeLv.

too!