I spend half again that much.    However, it's not a numbers game, it's
what you can handle.   I know of someone who has 40 colonies in three
cities.   She gets up at 2:30 a.m. each morning to do half each day, and
then goes to work full time.  (BTW, she spends $1000/month on mostly
kibble.)

Do you have pet food banks near you?   You can also contact pet food stores
to see if they will give you outdated food.   Even if the cans are dented,
they are OK, as they have a protective lining.

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 6:13 PM, <dlg...@windstream.net> wrote:

> I never thought about that!  I cry at $100 a month. $1000 would give me
> heart failure!  Will try those cards.  Great idea!
>

> ---- Susan Hoffman > wrote: > I spend about $1000 a month with a
> population that ranges from 25-40, depending on adoptions and new intake.

----------------------------
Go Get a Life---Go Get a Shelter Animal!

If you can't adopt, then foster "bottle baby" shelter animal, to save their
life.  Contact your local pound for information.
<http://www.laanimalservices.com/volunteer_fostercare.htm>

If you can't bottle feed, foster an older animal, to save their life, and
to free up cage space.

Ask your local animal pound to start saving over 90% of their intake by
implementing the No Kill Equation:
http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/no-kill-equation/<http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/>

Here's the current growing list of true No Kill communities:
http://www.nokillhouston.org/no-kill-shelters-in-north-america/

Legislate better animal pound conditions: http://www.rescue50.org

More fun reading: http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/guides/

More fun watching: http://vimeo.com/nokill/videos especially
http://vimeo.com/48445902

Local feral cat crisis?   See Alley Cat Allies' for how to respond:
http://www.alleycat.org/page.aspx?pid=537