I think that at one point or another, we all think we have it all under
control.  I have begun to realize that perhaps I am here to provide a home,
food and what care I can for them for the time I have them whether it is long
or short.  I take them in, love them for whatever time I have them.  Hopefully
that will help erase some of the pain and sadness they have been through before
they came to me.  In the last few years, I have been home to 2 dogs and over 20
cats.  Everyone around here thinks I am crazy but I get much love and happiness
in return.  That is payment enough.

---- Lee Evans <moonsiste...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Margo, most of my cats are special needs also. Either they have behavioral
> problems (litter box issues mostly) or physical issues - one tripod, one half
> blind, several old, one allergic to something we can't figure out but she
> loses her fur in patches, then grows it back and another has seizure disorder
> - like epilepsy in humans but not as severe. Several have or are developing
> stomatitis. It's just one thing after another. I have one from a colony I
> used to feed who has bone cancer but eats and does everything normally except
> that her days are probably numbered. I seem to be a way station for tossed
> out cats. And you seem to have the same problem. The only way to cope, aside
> from crying 24/7 is to just feel you are doing the best you can.

too!