I do believe that Stress has a lot to do with the FELV becoming active and
secondary infections doing more damage.  My Nitnoy had been feral, lost a tail
to a raccoon just days before I found her and then was afraid of the other cats
because she was so small and they were so big.  She grew less worried about
them the longer she was with me, but previous stresses had taken their toll on
her.  At least she had 2 years of love and safety.

---- Lee Evans <moonsiste...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> You could drive yourself crazy worrying about all of that. I had two cats
> living in a group of 12 for over 13 years. When they were very old, they
> developed renal failure. I took them for sub-q therapy as I do all my renal
> compromised cats until I see that the situation has progressed beyond a good
> quality of life. However, Tigger and Twerp developed some other symptoms that
> were very odd. Twerp had been tested twice for FeLv, Tigger once in the past.
> The vet suggested another test. Both were positive and active in the virus.
> Both passed away several days after the test. The other 10 cats who had lived
> with them, groomed and been groomed by them, shared food, litter boxes and
> sleeping nests never tested positive. All are gone now, most living to age 14
> and over, all from renal failure except one who had an ear tumor that
> progressed rapidly. He had to be euthanized because it was inoperable. I
> really feel that worrying and giving off negative feelings to
>  the cats is going to do more harm than the exposure to the virus. You have
> to let go sometimes and leave it to the Universe to decide.

too!