Margo, most of my cats are special needs also. Either they have behavioral
problems (litter box issues mostly) or physical issues - one tripod, one half
blind, several old, one allergic to something we can't figure out but she loses
her fur in patches, then grows it back and another has seizure disorder - like
epilepsy in humans but not as severe. Several have or are developing
stomatitis. It's just one thing after another. I have one from a colony I used
to feed who has bone cancer but eats and does everything normally except that
her days are probably numbered. I seem to be a way station for tossed out cats.
And you seem to have the same problem. The only way to cope, aside from crying
24/7 is to just feel you are doing the best you can.

too!

 to the cats is going to do more harm than the exposure to the virus. You have
to let go sometimes and leave it to the Universe to decide.