Hi Lee, yes, surprisingly (or maybe not) similar situations. I thought I'd seen most things, but this is new. It seems that everything will bump along nicely for a while, but then all h@## breaks loose. You'd think after almost 40 years of this I'd have a handle on it, but I don't seem to this time. Usually it's  just one major challenge at at time, this time there are two. I will adjust, with time, and when I finally decide I've learned all I can, and made the best decisions I can, I be more philosophical.

Thanks for the input :) Nice to know I'm not alone.

Margo

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Evans
Sent: Apr 28, 2013 6:36 PM
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org"
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] For Chang......Cat dying at home

Margo, most of my cats are special needs also. Either they have behavioral problems (litter box issues mostly) or physical issues - one tripod, one half blind, several old, one allergic to something we can't figure out but she loses her fur in patches, then grows it back and another has seizure disorder - like epilepsy in humans but not as severe. Several have or are developing stomatitis. It's just one thing after another. I have one from a colony I used to feed who has bone cancer but eats and does everything normally except that her days are probably numbered. I seem to be a way station for tossed out cats. And you seem to have the same problem. The only way to cope, aside from crying 24/7 is to just feel you are doing the best you can.

Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty neighbors too!