From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
Lance
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 7:53 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] a tough and sad day

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask for prayers and warm thoughts for my FeLV+ girl, Ember as
well as my mother's (hopefully) negative cat, Callie. Somehow, Callie got
into Ember's room, not once, but twice. The first time only lasted for a few
minutes, but I discovered a terrible cat fight in progress when I got back
upstairs. To disrupt the chase, I grabbed Callie to remove her from the
room. I got a bloody finger with three puncture marks in the process.

Later, I realized I should really get abx for the bite, so my dad took me to
the doctor. We were gone about an hour. When I got back, I was saddened to
find that I had stupidly managed to not completely close one of the doors to
our rooms, and Callie had again gotten in. I don't know that the cats fought
the second time. I think Callie might have explored the normally off limits
rooms. I found Ember hiding but unshaken behind some clothes, and Callie
didn't act like she was on edge, but I have no idea what happened.

Needless to say, I'm very concerned about Callie's possible exposure to the
virus. We've had a few run-ns over the last seven years, but nothing like
the fight/chase I broke up today. My hope is that Callie being seven years
old puts her at low risk for infection. She hasn't had any recent vax for
FeLV, but she had the FeLV (including booster) when she was a kitten. She
also seems very healthy.

There was actually more tough cat stuff today involving a 17 yro diabetic
who had to go for a dental (this ended on a good note), and my usual
concerns about Ember. The radiologist hasn't contacted the surgeon after
almost a week, and Ember probably needs surgical intervention for her
diaphragmatic hernia.

Please think of the two girls.

Lance