I am sorry to say wet FIP is another possible cause of fluid in the chest.
 There is no definitive test but there are suggestive bloodwork results,
also if fluid can be tapped off, it can be examined.  FIP fluid is
typically yellowish and sticky.  A Rivalta test can also be done on the
fluid.  there is no cure or effective treatment for wet FIP, although the
slower moving dry FIP form has been successfully treated with polyprenyl
immunostimulant (PI).  Neither form is contagious, as FIP is believed to
arise independently when a cat infected with the common and otherwise mild
coronavirus has the virus mutate for unknown reasons.  FELV+ cats are
apparently more susceptible to the mutations and thus FIP.

I lost my 7 month old FELV+ Smokey to abdominal wet FIP in a matter of
days, just as he was beating a bad URI with help of interferon omega and
PI.  The swelling made him very uncomfortable so we let him go.

Laurie

On Saturday, August 10, 2013, Marci Greer <frecklescras...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We took Charles (felv+) to the vet this morning and they did an xray of
his chest, their is a lot of fluid in his chest cavity, she said it

> could possibly be a tumor. She gave him a shot of cortisone and a shot of
Lasix, sent us home with Lasix pills as well.  I am hoping that

> the Lasix gets rid of all of the fluid and hopefully we can by some time
if it is a tumor.  If anyone has any advise or thoughts....I don't want