Hi Marcy,

            Sorry to hear Charles is having problems. In an FeLV positive boy, my first thought is lymphoma. While it isnt always FeLV related, the possiblity is there. I'd suggest joining the feline lymphoma list

             and getting familiar with what you may be up against. Since Charles has not been formally diagnosed, it could be anything, so this would just be a way to learn of the different ways to diagnose and treat certain tumors. Here's a pretty concise description of the different ways lymphoma can manifest;

http://www.fabcats.org/owners/cancer/lymphoma.html

              I will hope that it turns out to be something simply remedied, and not a tumor, but better to be prepared with what kind of treatment you are interested in, if any.

All the best

Margo