http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/outreach/Pet-Health-Topics/categories/diseases/hyperthyroidism-in-cats-
 113k- Cached
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cache:lzWQuzLKAUkJ:http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/outreach/Pet-Health-Topics/categories/diseases/hyperthyroidism-in-cats
 - Similar pages

The average age of cats with hyperthyroidism is 13 years of age; only about 5 %
ofhyperthyroid cats are younger than 10 years of age. There are 2 thyroid ...

This is just one of may reliable sites to go for info - but looks like they all
pretty much say the same thing. I'd stick with the meds.

You have one special kitty cat.

Sandy W