Gail White wrote:
 
> Believe me, the Fricke will spin just as fast as you need to spin. The old
> one I just sold, I never ran full speed as it would overtwist and/or pull
> the yarn right out of your hand.  You have to adjust the speed for the type
> of yarn you are working with, just like a treadle wheel. You're not going to
> spin as fast as the wheel will go if it's not going to produce the yarn you
> are looking to produce. None of the treadle wheels will spin that fast
> either. 

I like to spin fine. My Rio Grande treadle wheel on the highest
ratio spins at 40 to 1; I usually treadle 60 times per minute, for
an RPM of 2400. I have treadled 100 times per minute for an RPM of
4000--I had no problems keeping up with that rate when spinning
cotton or cashmere.

An RPM of 1500 would be the equivalent of me lollygagging along at
38 treadles per minute--incredibly slow and I'd be so frustrated I'd scream.

Shirley

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to