Holly,
Believe me, the Fricke will spin just as fast as you need to spin. The old
one I just sold, I never ran full speed as it would overtwist and/or pull
the yarn right out of your hand. You have to adjust the speed for the type
of yarn you are working with, just like a treadle wheel. You're not going to
spin as fast as the wheel will go if it's not going to produce the yarn you
are looking to produce. None of the treadle wheels will spin that fast
either. The only time I turned it up really fast was when I was plying and
even then I only ran it a 3/4 speed. It's control of fiber and yarn, not
speed that is really important. You will adjust the speed according to what
you are working with.
Remember, the motor that is in your machine is designed to turn a fan blade
and create air movement to cool something in a car. It may require the fan
to turn at 3500rpm or more, but for spinning that is overkill. He is using
that motor because it is available, will do the job he needs and is
inexpensive enough that he doesn't have to charge 700.00 like some of the
others for his electric spinner. He is making a very nice spinner and it
runs well. He has it priced in the low end of the market and will sell a lot
of them. I still like the idea of a completely covered unit for storage and
travel.
Gail White
To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail To restore send: set mail