on 3/20/05 2:34 PM, Paul Hayden at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I currently own:
> 
> Power Mac G4 (500 MHz)
> OS X 10.3.5
> Finale 2004c
> 
> EPS export on this system takes forever, which is one of the reasons
> I'm going to get a new Power Mac G5 soon. I have an orchestral score
> and parts due September 1, 2005, for which I'd like to use the new
> Power Mac G5.
> 
> If anyone can shed any light on the following questions, I would appreciate
> it:
> 
> 1. Finale 2005 will probably not work with "Tiger", correct?

I'm not sure exactly why you assume this.  I am by no means any sort of
expert on the subject, but I believe the initial leap from system 9 to
system X presented the biggest hurdle for Finale, and that shouldn't be the
case now on any sort of regular basis.

> 2. Do you think it's more likely that MM will update Fin05 for Tiger,
> or that it will just include that compatibility with Fin06?

Again, aside from relatively minor compatibility issues of a normal variety,
my expectations for 2005 would be that it's ready to go in Tiger right away.

> 3. Any idea when Fin06 will likely ship?

According to past experience in recent years late summer.

> 4. I think I should order the Power Mac G5 before Tiger comes out
> (i.e., soon!), since I have this project due in September. Does this
> sound like a good idea?
> 
> TIA.

If it were me, knowing what I already know from using 2005 on a G5 with
10.3.8 and using it the way I do, I'd say get the machine right away.  I
don't, however, really do anything with EPS export.

Don Hart

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to