On 20 Mar 2005, at 3:34 PM, Paul Hayden wrote:
1. Finale 2005 will probably not work with "Tiger", correct?
I would be very surprised if it did not. Finale 2004 and 2005 both work on Mac OS X 10.2.x and newer -- there's no reason why anyone should expect that 10.4 will break compatibility with these versions. (Which isn't to say it couldn't happen, but it's still pretty unlikely.)
2. Do you think it's more likely that MM will update Fin05 for Tiger, or that it will just include that compatibility with Fin06?
I doubt there will be any further updates to Fin2005 after Fin2005b. I would expect Fin2006 to work on Jaguar (10.2), Panther (10.3), and Tiger (10.4).
3. Any idea when Fin06 will likely ship?
The updates usually ship in July or August. If Coda follow the model they set out with Fin2005, both PC and Mac versions will ship at the same time on the same CD-ROM.
4. I think I should order the Power Mac G5 before Tiger comes out (i.e., soon!), since I have this project due in September. Does this sound like a good idea?
No, that's actually a very bad idea, because then you will have to pay an extra $129 for Tiger when it is released. If you hold off buying your new Mac until 10.4 is released, you will get 10.4 for free -- it will be preinstalled on your computer.
- Darcy ----- [EMAIL PROTECTED] Brooklyn, NY
_______________________________________________ Finale mailing list [email protected] http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
