On 26 Sep 2005 at 14:34, Christopher Smith wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2005, at 2:22 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:
>
> >  I actually haven't tried creating an MP3
> > with iTunes itself to see if it made a better MP3 -- I should try it
> > (though I'd miss batch conversion).
>
> iTunes for Windows doesn't have batch conversion? Are you sure, as it
> is a basic part of the UI in the Mac version?

You may be right. I'm expecting a standard batch conversion UI,
whereas it seems that with iTunes, you add files to the library, and
*then* you can convert them as a group. I'm not sure what happens
with filenames and output locations, but I should definitely
experiment with it to see what kind of results it gets, and if so, if
its batch conversion is not going to annoy me. I'm annoyed enough at
LAMEBatch for having inappropriate limits on the lengths of ID3
fields (and for other things), but it is fast and easy otherwise.