At 06:59 AM 6/21/2007 -0400, dhbailey wrote:
>John Howell wrote:
>[snip]> imagination, the tools shouldn't make any difference. (Except 
>for not
>> being able to see the entire score page at once, of course, which IS a 
>> problem.)
>
>That's not a problem anymore either, once you get a monitor which will 
>pivot and is large enough to show the full page at legible size.  I've 
>got a SyncMaster  204B which does exactly that when I need it, so that 
>limitation is gone, too.

I have two monitors that size hooked up to this machine, and still can't
see score pages effectively beyond a small chamber ensemble -- much less
display a comparative collection of pages to look at shape and thematic
development. For me, without a real desk-sized monitor, the pages still
have to be printed out.

Now if Finale implemented a "page flip" feature that worked with a touch
screen (like the ads for the iPhone show), that would be acceptable. Not in
my lifetime, though.

Dennis











 
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to