On 9/5/07, Christopher Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And everyone not bathing very often, and syphilis, and reduced
> lifespan from all manner of easily-curable diseases (nowadays)...
>
> But I bet the music was just grand!


Well while we're at it,how about bathroom facilities  that would make
your nose want to cut itself of and run away (Versailles was built
with no bathrooms-- people would just relieve themselves in the
stairwells--- major ew);  and speaking of bathrooms, what about those
cooks in the kitchen that never washed their hands after a "potty
break."  Makeup that was more than likely toxic, yadda yadda yadda.

I honestly don't know how so many did manage to live to past 70
(especially Telemann-- although he seems to have nearly died from what
sounds like cholera around the late 1720s in Hamburg).

I'll just stick to my desire to hear the music performed in the forces
it was played with and with historically informed techniques. I'll let
others have the other fun parts of that time, but definitely NOT for
me ;)


Baroquely yours

Kim
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to