Yes, I have heard a lot of Harnoncourt's Telefunken Bach cantata
recordings, and I rank them among the most abysmal sounds ever committed
to disc.

> On 9/5/07, John Howell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Modern performances with one singer on a part do not use young boys
>> whose voices have not changed, or young university men whose voices
>> have not been thoroughly trained.  At least that is true of every
>> example I have heard.
>
> Have you heard the Harnoncourt Bach cantata edition? He uses boys
> choirs for the chorus and soprano/alto solos.
>
> You can hear a sample
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoY1PdpqRWQ
>
> Another sample from one of the Passions:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni3_a8o8vks
>
> There are plenty of others with Harnoncourt conducting,  so I hope this
> helps!
>
> Kim
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to