As this whole repeat thing is one of my pet peeves, I'm now going to mount
   my soapbox.
   Realizing  that in some circumstances repeats may be necessary or even
   preferable,  I believe that in most cases they are outdated. Since music no
   longer  needs  to  be  hand  copied, it make little sense to use these
   old-fashioned short cuts. Just copy and paste.
   Although many won't tell you unless you ask pretty directly, most orchestral
   musicians would much rather just play straight through. The less we have to
   expend precious mental resources on not being lost or confused, the more we
   have to use on music making. More mistakes (especially in rehearsal) are
   made at the "seams" in the music than anywhere else so don't put in extra
   ones. Especially the complex nested types.
   End of rant.
   Richard Smith
   [1]http://www.rgsmithmusic.com