On 11 Dec 2008 at 8:19, Dan Tillberg wrote:

> And as a musician myself I can also
> get a little frustrated sometimes that from the old
> "complex-repeat-structure-to-save-paper-and-time" to the new era of
> "copy-paste-everything-since-this-is-done-on-a-computer!".

I had a case just yesterday where mirrors should have been perfect (I
was creating a 2-sided printout that was going to be cut in half, so
I needed passage A at the top of page 1 and passage B at the bottom,
and page 2 needed to reverse that, with B on top and A on the bottom
(so it could be photocopied back-to-back). A mirror would have been
perfect, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work, and just
copied and pasted. And then the corrections had to be made in two
places. One fortunate thing was that the lyrics were linked the same
in both copies, so fixing the accents grave that I misread as acute
was pretty easy. But the mirror would have been a lot easier, if it
only had a user interface that was discoverable (at least for me).